Feel free to visit my website at http://www.davidasnydercpa.com and call me at 928-445-0104 x9 with any business or tax issues.
Normally I send out information about my business and explain that I work on corporate, partnership, Trust and personal tax returns. I also do business valuations, succession plans, audits, review and compilations. Fighting with the IRS is something I do by representing clients by using certain vehicles (Offers in Compromise, Installment Agreements and other methods) to reduce their tax burden. I also do business valuations and due diligence for businesses.
However, in this newsletter I will emphasize the other work I do. I am an active member of the Prescott Sunrise Lions that meet at Waffles and More every Thursday at 7 am. I invite you to come out and enjoy our fellowship and community service. As a Lion, I work on the recycling project for Prescott Valley, am a sponsor of the Leo club at Prescott High School, work with the calendar committee, promote the tax credit program on radio and television and run a television program about Lionism through the Prescott Media Center at the armory. I really enjoy helping the people in the Community though this service organization and through my work.
Here are the AZ tax credits that everyone should take advantage of:
- Charitable Organization/Working poor tax credit – $800 married filing jointly, $400 for individual taxpayers or other status. (Prescott Sunrise Lions Club is an example of who to contribute too) You have until April 17, 2017 to do the 2016 tax credit.
- Arizona Military Family Relief Fund – $400 married filing jointly, $200 for individual taxpayers or other status. (Go Online to utilize this tax credit, it is so important to help the families of Veterans). This credit needs to be done by December 31, 2016 and even earlier since it has a cap that is generally fully funded by November 30.
- Public Schools – $400 married filing jointly, $200 for individual taxpayers or other status (Including to Future Business Leaders of America FBLA) You have until April 17, 2017 to do the 2016 tax credit.
- School Tuition Programs – $2,173 married filing jointly, $1,087 for individual taxpayers or other status (Sacred Heart, Primavera. These are private schools that get little to no funding from the state). You have until April 17, 2017 to do the 2016 tax credit.
- Foster Care Tax Credit- $1,000 married filing jointly, $500 for individual taxpayers or other status’. (One of the organizations for this tax credit is CASA). You have until April 17, 2017 to do the 2016 tax credit.
As part of Lions Club International I am involved at the District level as a Treasurer for one of the Arizona Districts-21C. At the district level, we have been involved in the initial Lions International pilot program for Diabetes. Our district has been setting up Diabetes support groups to help people with Diabetes, which just became the 5th plank of emphasis for Lions International. As many of you know, Lions clubs were started 100 years ago and currently have 1.4 million members in 47,000 clubs in 210 countries around the world.
I am also an adjunct professor at Yavapai College, teaching tax online and am involved in the Prescott and Prescott Valley Chambers.
Please come and see me for all your accounting and tax needs, I look forward to assisting you in any way possible.
If you need further information on these tax tips, please call me at 928-445-0104 x9 or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.